A seasoned executive possessing extensive industrial exposure in the field of Information & Communication Technology. Also, having the benefit of working in both strategic and tactical roles for “for-profit” and “not-for-profit” private and public sector organizations in culturally diverse environments. Having Worked in GOP, Ministry of Communications, M/o S&T/ IT & T&T deptt., PTC & PTCL from 1966 till 2009 occupying junior, senior & Executive Management positions. Finally resigned from GoP (in MP-1/22) Member Telecom position and also from all Boards/Senate seats one after other.
Mr. Baqai has remarkably served the following organizations:
- Non-executive Director PTCL Board from GoP 2002 till 2009 both pre & Post 26% share sale (3-years post-privatization)
- Founder director Ufone 7 years
- TIP Board Director about 2 years
- CTI Board Director about 1 year
- Director/Trustee PTET (2005-2007)